Dru Christine Fabrics & Design is GROWING!
Upscale, growing design studio seeks professional individuals for the following positions:
Sewing Instructor -- Part time**
Dru Christine Fabrics and Design/DC Creative Suite seeks a Sewing Instructor who will be responsible for teaching and administering basic sewing lessons
Provides instruction and demonstration of basic stitching, fabric properties, sewing machine usage, and machine maintenance.
Knows how to read and use basic sewing patterns
Communicates instruction with enthusiasm, clarity, and patience.
Ensures safe and appropriate use of all equipment.
Attention to detail
Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills within a fast-paced environment
Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
Education / Experience Needed
At least 5 years experience sewing personally or commercially.
Possess vast knowledge of basic sewing terminology, reading pattens, sewing machine maintenance and other basic sewing skills.
**All staff must sign a confidentiality agreement upon employment.
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
Workshop Assistant - Part Time
***A vehicle is also required for this position.
- Knowledge of working in a fast paced environment.
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivated to check work for quality.
- Strong Communication skills and a positive attitude towards teamwork.
- Work quickly and accurately while meeting goals and deadlines.
- Concentration skills to work on various tasks.
- Retail and customer service skills a PLUS.